Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Barbecued Indonesian Chicken

One thing I love about Summer is,
grilling!
I am always looking for a new way to grill or a new marinade to soak meat in before I grill.
I saw this recipe on 'Dinner's for a Year' blog.
This marinade was very easy to put together, and the chicken turned out so very good.
We all loved it! Yes, even the two little boys in my house ate every bite.
I will make this again. Next time I do make it, I am going to try using bone-in chicken.
Happy Summer Grilling!

Barbecued Indonesian Chicken
from: Dinners for a Year and Beyond

serves about 5 - 6

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (I used 1 tablespoon of ground ginger)
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons cumin
juice of 1 lime

10 - 12 pieces of bone-in, skinless chicken (I used 6 boneless chicken breasts)

In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Place chicken in a resealable bag(s) and add the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 - 6 hours or even overnight.

Heat a grill to medium high. (I cooked my chicken on my outdoor grill, but put foil on top of the grill then cooked the chicken on the foil)Remove chicken from marinade and grill for about 20 - 30 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

amycaseycooks said...

So, so glad your family liked my recipe. Be sure to try it with the bone-in chicken - it was so juicy and delicious.