Monday, September 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Fingers

I Love these things!
But really, I love anything that involves chocolate and peanut butter.
I made these for a party the other night, and they were all eaten up fast.
Good thing I did not take any home,
or I would have been tempted to eat more of them.
They are so good!
Enjoy.


Peanut Butter Fingers

-3/4 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-2 eggs

Mix well, then add. . .

-1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 cup oatmeal (NOT the instant kind)
-1/2 t. salt
-3/4 t/ soda
-1 t. vanilla

Spread on a greased cookie sheet. (This is what I do: I spray Pam on my hands, then press down evenly around in the cookie sheet)

Bake at 35o degrees for 10 - 12 minutes (until barely brown on top, DO NOT OVERCOOK!)

While hot, very carefully spread about 1/2 -3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter on top of cookie.

Let that sit for about 10 minutes- no longer than that, you still want the pan to be warm. Now spread one can of chocolate frosting on top. ( I cheat and use store bought chocolate frosting, you can make your own)


No comments: