They love the M&M's in them.
We made them together over Spring break, and used Spring colored M&M's.
I usually make them with the regular colored M&M's but could not pass up the holiday M&M's.
These will be soft on the inside and a little crispy on the outside.
Chocolate Chip M & M Cookies
makes 2 dozen
What you need:
-1 cup white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
-2/3 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
-2 tsp. vanilla
-3 cups unbleached white flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. salt
-6 oz. milk chocolate chips
-8 oz. M&M candies
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugars, butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
2. Next add the eggs and vanilla until combined.
3. Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt. Be careful not to over mix the dough.
4. Turn off the mixer and hand fold the chocolate chips and M&M candies until well combined.
5. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cookies should have a slight golden on top, but also look slightly undone. You don't want to overcook these or they will be hard when cool.
7. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheet. I have found this to be the best way to guarantee perfectly soft cookies each and every time.