Thursday, March 25, 2010

Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup

I love this recipe!
It is so easy to throw together, it is very healthy, and it is so very delicious.
I like getting the MILD green enchilada sauce, but if you like more of a 'zing' in your Tortilla soup you can go for Medium.
A Perfectly Simple week night meal for any time of the year.
Enjoy!



Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup

What you Need:

-4 cups of Cooked Chicken
-2 cans of great Northern Beans
-5 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
-1 large can OR 2 small cans of MILD GREEN enchilada sauce
-1 1/2 cups of frozen sweet white corn
-1/2 cup chopped cilantro

How to Make:

1. I cook my chicken by boiling 3-4 chicken breasts in water. When cooked, I wash the chicken and chop it up.

2. Put all of the ingredients (except cilantro) into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in Cilantro.

3. Serve with desired topping: shredded cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream. . .what ever you like. (I like to keep mine simple with just tortilla chips crushed over the top)

1 comment:

bevkimmel said...

Sounds delicious! I think I will serve it to my husband with all the suggested toppings!